PDA

View Full Version : [kde] [SOLVED] Help I need to move the kde4 taskbar panel to the left screen

Derviansoul
May 29th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hello

I've installed the kubuntu 8.04 RS yesterday with kde 4, just to have a go and check it out.
I have a dual screen configuration with ati bigdesktop that works just perfectly on my other ubuntu's (7.10 and 8.04 RS) but for my my surprise when i try it on kde 4 what happens is that the taskbar stays on the right screen instead on the left screen, but the kdm at the start of the session it stays on the left screen, does anyone knows how to solve this, apparently kde developers don't us to move around the panel where is the taskbar or to add a new panel (at least i couldn't find how to move it).
Could i get any help with this.
regards.

Naegling23
May 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Im sorry that I cannot help you, but I can lend an explanation...sort of.

KDE 4.0 was put out in january in order for developers to test it out, and begin writing programs for it. It is usable and stable, however, it is missing features...lots of them. One of those is the panel, most of the configurations are missing. Why? because the programs that control those options have not been ported yet.

The kde team states (and im paraphrasing greatly) that 4.0 is for developers, and recommend for most users, waiting until 4.1 when most of the programs and features will be available. 4.1 should be available by the end of july (or, you can run the 4.1 beta in the meantime).

So, once again, im sorry that I cannot help solve your problem, but its likely because the programs to control the panel and set up your desktop just have not been ported yet. You might just have to wait a while, or run 3.5 until then.

Derviansoul
May 31st, 2008, 12:57 AM
On the kde forum i actually found a fix for that, but there is several issues that doesn't allow me to use it for good!i guess i will have to wait, like you said, thanks for your reply.
regards

clydegoffe
June 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
So what was the fix?

Derviansoul
July 1st, 2008, 11:59 PM
hello

I haven't tried to edit this file coz i had to many issues and it was too unstable, but check this website or just upgrade your kde so you can resize the panels, with the new versions u can't still move them:(, good luck with this guide.

http://software-libre.rudd-o.com/KDE_4.0.0_emergency_FAQ