PDA

View Full Version : Access to gnome-keybinding OSD

Toufik
May 29th, 2008, 11:44 AM
In gnome, using Preferences > Keyboard Shorcuts (= gnome-keybindings-properties), you can assign a key to an event. For instance, when you press the volume down key, you get a nice OSD on the screen.

I'd like to write some code that would be able to prompt the OSD directly, however, I search a bit but I didn't even find which is the relevant package (gnome-keybindings-properties only writes in gconf, I'm looking for the guy who reads it :) ). To be more precise, I'd like to find the header files (or the piece of code) that allow me to prompt this OSD from a home-made program. Currently I'm using xosd but this is text only and not really beautiful (and gnome-osd is not better)

Thanks

Channon
June 7th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Ah - I've been looking for this too. Don't know if this thread might be of interest:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=165073

Toufik
June 11th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the answer. However acpi_fakekey is buggy on my laptop (vol down works, but vol up don't, and brightness up/down neither), that's the reason I want to write a home made code to handle correctly (already done) and nicely (I'd like the OSD) this kind of events