PDA

View Full Version : Pressed CDs gone in two hours :)

arafel
December 14th, 2004, 03:51 PM
The pressed CDs arrived yesterday - very nice quality they are too! Took one for myself, and left the other nine on a table in our coffee room with a note for people to help themselves to one if they were curious. (Since I work on a silicon/software R&D site, this seemed worth a try.)

I came back two hours later and they'd all gone, so either someone thought I'd left them by mistake, or at least nine more people will be trying Ubuntu at some point... :-)

Inkognito
December 14th, 2004, 03:57 PM
=D>

Now that is a novel idea at getting people to try Ubuntu.
Well done.
:D

BWF89
December 14th, 2004, 05:04 PM
What would have been really fun would be to place them at different locations throughout the office throughout the day :smile:. That way people wouldn't grab all 9 at one time and run off with them...

I can't wait till the 30 CD's I ordered come!

jobezone
December 15th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I received my 20 yesterday, and I'll be giving a few as a part of my xmas presents. I'm still thinking on what to do with the rest. Perhaps I'll leave a few in some computer shop, in the Operating Systems shelf. I'm just afraid the people who work there will pick them and put the in the trash.

BWF89
December 16th, 2004, 04:35 AM
I received my 20 yesterday, and I'll be giving a few as a part of my xmas presents. I'm still thinking on what to do with the rest. Perhaps I'll leave a few in some computer shop, in the Operating Systems shelf. I'm just afraid the people who work there will pick them and put the in the trash.
Why would they do that? :-s

jdong
December 16th, 2004, 04:36 AM
If you're targetting Windows users, make sure you duct tape a wall of them were Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiSpam are!

jobezone
December 17th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Why would they do that? :-s
I guess if they follow company policy, they wouldn't allow shelf space be ocupied by something free and not part of their product. But maybe I'm being too ceptic of them :) But I was thinking about big shops, like FNAC, Worten, etc.

TravisNewman
December 17th, 2004, 06:09 AM
FNAC? Worten? Never heard of them, must be outside the US. Best Buy, CompUSA, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples... those would be good targets :) They'd definitely remove them... unless they thought that they were new additions and the managers missed them!