PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't shutdown Ubuntu Studio 8.04

sl31
May 28th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Dear all,

Since I upgrade Ubuntu Studio from 7.10 to 8.04, I can't shutdown my computer using graphical button. I have to run "sudo shutdown now" or "sudo reboot now" in a terminal.

Is anybody have an idea how to solve this ?

Thank you for your help

sl31
May 29th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Up

rlaconte
May 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Same problem--on logout also. Ubuntu shuts down, then hangs on the logout splash screen (or blank screen on logout). This is a new install for me and I'm doing a lot of rebooting and logging out and in--and having to turn the machine off and on every time I do so is a pain.

tombshot
August 5th, 2008, 10:44 AM
help!!! i have the same problem. This is a newly installed ubuntu studio. when im going to restart or shutdown... all i see is a blank screen with a cursor on the upper left side of my monitor. when i press ctrl+alt+del, it says, respawning too fast, stopped. i need to press the restart button or shutdown to take effect my action. can anybody help us? thanks in advance!!!

tombshot
August 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM
by the way, ive got no problems when ubuntu studio starts. its good. but shutting down is different, it stays on a blank screen...help please!!!

noobux
November 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I've the same problem as rlaconte above (freezing on the splash page) with 8.1. Anyone able to help?

e_labranche
November 27th, 2008, 06:00 AM
same problem here..exept I have kubuntu.

i did an upgrade from 7.04 to 8.04 and I had many issues. One of them now is the blank screen if I log out or try to shut down with the graphic interface.
help would be appreciated.