PDA

View Full Version : Geeksite looking for moderators

JPD
October 23rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
Hi, I'm JPD and I recently start a site called "The Geeksite". The goal of this site is to eventually publish technology news articles. At the moment, however, the focus is on the forums.

I am in need of moderators (and members :P) for several sections, and as a loyal Ubuntu user, I figured I'd turn to these forums for help. I've been a lurker for a while, although Ubuntu is easy enough to use, and there are already enough posts, that I never had to post a problem :D. Anyhow, the sections I need moderators for (at least that you people would be interested in), are: OS Discussion, General Apps, The Open Source World, and Programming/Web Design.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for the distro :D

Jenda
October 23rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
You should post a link!

And I could be a mod. It's just that I graduate this year, so I might not have enough time to be there all the time.

Sirin
October 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
Hi, I'm JPD and I recently start a site called "The Geeksite". The goal of this site is to eventually publish technology news articles. At the moment, however, the focus is on the forums.

I am in need of moderators (and members :P) for several sections, and as a loyal Ubuntu user, I figured I'd turn to these forums for help. I've been a lurker for a while, although Ubuntu is easy enough to use, and there are already enough posts, that I never had to post a problem :D. Anyhow, the sections I need moderators for (at least that you people would be interested in), are: OS Discussion, General Apps, The Open Source World, and Programming/Web Design.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for the distro :D

So, where is your site? :)

WildTangent
October 23rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
One thing I've learned from running my own forum...you should never let the staff come to you, you pick them, you "hire" them, no applications. It just doesn't work.

-Wild

majikstreet
October 24th, 2005, 12:45 AM
One thing I've learned from running my own forum...you should never let the staff come to you, you pick them, you "hire" them, no applications. It just doesn't work.

-Wild
Probably right.....

Anyhow, I'd be willing to moderate for your site, just send me a PM :)

PatrickMay16
October 24th, 2005, 02:35 AM
If you ask me, you should focus on getting the site to its best before you start working on its forums.

defkewl
October 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
where is the link to your site?

aSTeRiX
October 24th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I've got enough free time to help out with almost anything these days. Put me on your list, and I wouldn't mind seeing a link.

Jenda
October 24th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I've got enough free time to help out with almost anything these days. Put me on your list, and I wouldn't mind seeing a link.
Damn! I wish I could say that!

aSTeRiX
October 24th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hehe, I'm sure a lot of people do. :p The reason I've got so much free time is I'm in grade 12 and I've only got 2 academic courses, english and math. All the rest of my courses are CISCO, Programming, Animation, Applications (Do my own projects), and spare blocks. Since the year is divided in two, I've got one academic per semester which means almost no homework. Anyways, since I have the time I will try to help out with any projects that anyone needs help with.

Jenda
October 24th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm in my last year too. That is thirteenth here, and I've no time at all!