PDA

View Full Version : Busiest Python Coding forum

rikxik
May 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I have recently picked up a bit of Python programming and am interested in keeping myself updated/learning further by participating in Python forum(s).

The comp.lang.python.* groups are a bit high-level for me. I would be interested in joining forums where I can try my hand at helping other at their everyday python code issues - so I would like to join forums which are relatively more active/responsive.

Which forum(s) would you recommend?

Thanks.

LaRoza
May 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Which forum(s) would you recommend?

This one?

rikxik
May 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
This one?

Well, this is a general programming talk forum and not Python specific one. Is there a Python specific (sub)forum in Ubuntu Forums?

LaRoza
May 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well, this is a general programming talk forum and not Python specific one. Is there a Python specific (sub)forum in Ubuntu Forums?

Python is very often discussed in this forum.

Besides, there are things that aren't language specific also.

rikxik
May 28th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Python is very often discussed in this forum.

Besides, there are things that aren't language specific also.

I guess I'll frequent here more often then :) However, I'm looking for forum(s) more "focused" towards Python :)

LaRoza
May 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I guess I'll frequent here more often then :) However, I'm looking for forum(s) more "focused" towards Python :)

It will likely be a smaller forum, if it is going to be so focused.

If you are seeking knowledge of Python, browsing wiki's for Python might be more fruitful. I suggest finding pmasiar's sig (or following it from my wiki, or the sticky) and my wiki for useful information to read.

In the meantime, keep an eye open on this forum.

rikxik
May 28th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the links. Basically, I read the "Programming Python" book and tried out the examples etc. - very satisfying. Now I would like to try my hand at code issues python programmers face - for fun, knowledge and not the least, helping others (if/when I can).

What I've noticed that if one is required to use the language as part of daily work, there are enough challenges to deal with. However, if not, simply reading tutorials/wikis/howtos is not enough and one needs to constantly apply the skills.

Unfortunately, I don't have opportunity to code in Python in my current work (sigh). Hence, this attempt :)

pmasiar
May 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
For python community talking about solving tasks, check PythonChallenge website and forums. If you want to program more, join any project.

cendant
May 28th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Maybe, this is the one?

http://python-forum.org/pythonforum/index.php

danbuter
May 29th, 2008, 12:57 AM
http://forums.devshed.com/ is pretty much the best set of programming forums anywhere that I've found. I also like this one ;).

rikxik
May 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks to all for their suggestions :)