PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else feel sick at the thought of using windows?

wolfen69
May 28th, 2008, 04:26 AM
yes, i actually feel a little sick at the thought of using windows. it is something that rarely crosses my mind. does anyone else feel this way?

oh, btw, i fix windows machines for a living. how is that OK? why does that not make me sick? $49 an hour, and the possibility of converting someone to linux, ease the pain. :)

kool_kat_os
May 28th, 2008, 04:28 AM
i use windows:neutral:...i tried to use ubuntu but i found it only good for servers....:confused:

i dont know why...

inportb
May 28th, 2008, 04:38 AM
oh, btw, i fix windows machines for a living. how is that OK? why does that not make me sick? $49 an hour, and the possibility of converting someone to linux, ease the pain. :)

Look, your job requires that people stick with Windows. If there're no more Windows machines to fix, what would you do? Stop converting people to Linux, you fool =D

wolfen69
May 28th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Look, your job requires that people stick with Windows. If there're no more Windows machines to fix, what would you do? Stop converting people to Linux, you fool =D

yeah, i know, but alot of my customers are so happy with my dual boots, they recommend me to everyone they know.:guitar:

i give a very good product for what i charge. i found that if you do exceptional work, the jobs will come. word of mouth is a powerful thing.

inportb
May 28th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Oh, definitely, especially because you "fix" Windows completely ;p

While I don't exactly feel sick at the thought of using Windows, I do feel somewhat vulnerable and exposed. I try to get people to try Linux whenever I can.

zenwalker
May 28th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Well even thought all of them leave winnie and start using Linux, that doesnt mean that u go completely jobless, but yes u might loost half of u r income. Still theyll be stuck with some issues which u need to sort it out. So by giving support, u can make money, just like how canonical is planning to do with just a support :D

And as much as possible, bring Linux awareness to the deep roots in the public laymen areas.

wolfen69
May 28th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Oh, definitely, especially because you "fix" Windows completely ;p

While I don't exactly feel sick at the thought of using Windows, I do feel somewhat vulnerable and exposed. I try to get people to try Linux whenever I can.

yeah, but even if they dont try it, at least now they know they have a choice. you dont have to convert everyone, just let it be known that there is now a 3rd player in the game. i think you'd be surprised how many people are receptive to the idea of at least dual booting. i just reassure them that their beloved windows will remain intact. actually, now that i think about it, alot of my customers now dual boot. :)

wolfen69
May 28th, 2008, 05:09 AM
And as much as possible, bring Linux awareness to the deep roots in the public laymen areas.

that statement hit the spot. exactly.

Fatec
May 28th, 2008, 05:11 AM
yes, i actually feel a little sick at the thought of using windows. it is something that rarely crosses my mind. does anyone else feel this way?

Only vista, XP i love using.

I often feel that way if im forced to use ubuntu though (which is often is some git orders it for their server)

inportb
May 28th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I set these up for my friends; they like the idea of still having Windows, and using me for technical support... though most of them now rarely boot into Windows.

madjr
May 28th, 2008, 08:14 AM
yeah, but even if they dont try it, at least now they know they have a choice. you dont have to convert everyone, just let it be known that there is now a 3rd player in the game. i think you'd be surprised how many people are receptive to the idea of at least dual booting. i just reassure them that their beloved windows will remain intact. actually, now that i think about it, alot of my customers now dual boot. :)

so you fix ubuntu for free i suppose?

when linux gets a big enough marketshare am sure many will start charging the support (unless they do that already now :))

well your business has a bright future :)

id1337x
May 28th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Whenever I think of using Windows I just get viral gastroenteritis and I start puking and I get wet diarrhea and it is so painful and horrible.

rolnics
May 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Whenever I think of using Windows I just get viral gastroenteritis and I start puking and I get wet diarrhea and it is so painful and horrible.

If I suffered that when I used windows, I'd never be a work! I'm replying from a windows 2000 machine. About a month ago I was reminded of the complete bliss of linux, one of the machines we use for sending out parcels got hit BIG time with spyware. Took me ages to get it sorted and I don't work in the IT department! It nearly got to the stage of me formatting the hd and installing XP! But good old Search & Destroy got it sorted, one piece of software windows can't live without! :lolflag: