PDA

View Full Version : Is Sabayon as easy as Ubuntu?

jamieh
May 28th, 2008, 03:44 AM
^^
Thanks!

I have a computer I bounce around distros with, and I want to try Sabayon.

Will it support a Trendnet TEW-423PI WiFi card?

jrusso2
May 28th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I don't think its as easy but its easier then Gentoo upon which its based.

If you have the time to learn it I don't think it will be that difficult

smartboyathome
May 28th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I don't know about any recent version, the last version I tried was 3.4, but it was slow. :(

Key_Lime_Pie
May 28th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I don't know about any recent version, the last version I tried was 3.4, but it was slow. :(

Yeah, Sabayon is known to be extremely bloated, but it does look nice! Also, don't download the mini-iso, the one that fits on a CD not a DVD. That one has GRUB installation bugs.

hanzomon4
May 28th, 2008, 05:27 AM
You should be banned as*hol*

Do not click on the link in the above post, it's a rick roll

myusername
May 28th, 2008, 05:33 AM
he never said that was the website

bufsabre666
May 28th, 2008, 05:40 AM

good thing you said that or i wouldnt of clicked on it, i love rick astley

wolfen69
May 28th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Sabayon is pretty bloated as others have said, but it is a really cool live cd. I can just pop it in and play games right away. I also like the name Portato. It sounds cool.

i agree. sabayon makes a mean live cd/dvd. it's one of my favorite live discs. as far as installing, that's a different story.

picpak
May 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM

That's a cruel one! :mad:

jamieh
May 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Sabayon

Gah! I clicked on the bloody link!!
BAN HIM!!!!!!!!

Istonian
June 29th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Never gonna give you up....

dizee
June 29th, 2008, 03:53 AM
i tried out Sabayon 3.3 (i think - the really red one? with beryl etc so must have been quite a while ago) on a live dvd, and it was the slowest live distro i've ever seen. pretty cool when it fully loaded though and it seemed to have every single notable linux app ever. which can be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you look at it. i don't know about it being easy though. i doubt it would be as easy as ubuntu.

amazingtaters
June 29th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I must commend the rick roll. That's a well placed one. Of course the warning throws things off, but I mean, look at the URL for the link folks, it clearly wasn't a link to the Sabayon site. Still, I applaud this rick roll, it's top of the line, just like the dime I was looking for.

sandysandy
June 29th, 2008, 04:02 AM
i some how like Sabayon. i am multi booting it with other linux apps and find it cool.

regards

Frak
June 29th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I must commend the rick roll. That's a well placed one. Of course the warning throws things off, but I mean, look at the URL for the link folks, it clearly wasn't a link to the Sabayon site. Still, I applaud this rick roll, it's top of the line, just like the dime I was looking for.
It was premature, childish attempt at a laugh. Remember, some of us don't have activity bars at the bottom of our browsers, or at least don't have them enabled.

As for Sabayon, its bulky and if you don't know alot about Gentoo, you won't get far. Also, if you find a bug, good for you. Gentoo team will not accept it until you fix it yourself.