PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video Drivers for a Dell OPTLEX 260

myland
May 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I'm looking for a Video Driver for this computer that will be able work with the Ubuntu 7.10 version. My problem now is that when you boot up the computer or even restarted that it will come back up with the nice colorful screen. The only way to get into the desktop is to on restart tap the F2 and then click on restore and you will finally get in but this only after you do this for 2 or 3 times. The operation system before the Ubuntu was Windows 2000. The computer that has been doing the best of all our computers is the computer that had Windows XP and the computer is a Dell Dimension 8200. And then one is running the 8.4 version. how can I go and downloaded version I need on this computer is giving us such a hard time.I called Dell and they told me that it was the Video drivers The other thing. how can I tell what version to get while in Ubuntu to.

Thanks for any help.
Tom

overdrank
May 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I'm looking for a Video Driver for this computer that will be able work with the Ubuntu 7.10 version. My problem now is that when you boot up the computer or even restarted that it will come back up with the nice colorful screen. The only way to get into the desktop is to on restart tap the F2 and then click on restore and you will finally get in but this only after you do this for 2 or 3 times. The operation system before the Ubuntu was Windows 2000. The computer that has been doing the best of all our computers is the computer that had Windows XP and the computer is a Dell Dimension 8200. And then one is running the 8.4 version. how can I go and downloaded version I need on this computer is giving us such a hard time.I called Dell and they told me that it was the Video drivers The other thing. how can I tell what version to get while in Ubuntu to.

Thanks for any help.
Tom

HI and welcome, what is the model of the graphics card? You can find this by using the command in the terminal
lspci the terminal is located under applications, accessories. Look for VGA