PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Display Problems During Hardy Install$Kubuntu Install

theravenproject
May 27th, 2008, 12:52 AM
I posted earlier about my new CPU being Linux compatible (I wasn't sure because I only used it on my previous Dell and that was an ancient machine) I am using a brand new custom built machine with DDR3 Ram and A Quad Core Proc and an MSI 8400GS Video card...someone suggested I would be ok except for the video driver but I could go into restricted drivers and change that, well; I cannot even get into to the Live CD with my machine! The Live Cd boots into the main options screen fine and then I select Start/Install Ubuntu and after it goes through a couple like Four checks-all say ok, then a prompt comes up and says that because of my display hardware that "Ubuntu is in Low graphics mode" and gives me a choice to shut down, configure or continue...I have chosen continue with no success (Just goes back to those first Four Ok's and stays there w/o moving any further...So I was like-let's try my Kubuntu CD and I did and this time none of the Ubuntu stuff and instead of all that-after I select Start/Install Kubuntu-it goes to the Status/Title/Loading screen and then once it is loaded it goes straight to a command line (Bash I believe) and from there even if I could install I would not know how! All I want is to be able to throw Ubuntu on my CPU! I will settle for Kubuntu or Xubuntu but I built this CPU and it needs an OS and I am not relying on Windows HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

theravenproject
May 27th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Help? I am particularly curious as to whether there're advanced options (The F6 Button at the Start/Install Screen) that I can use in order to make this Live CD work the way that it is supposed to...I think I remember having to use them before when I was installing on an old Compaq Monitor but I cannot remember what the options are specifically and even more specifically I cannot remember what they do....yeah Help!

theravenproject
May 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I am bumping this 'cos after a day it is still not getting answered and partially 'cos I am freakng sittting next to $4000 dollars worth of Computer with no OS installed and I cannot take it much longer-all I want is my LINUX!!!!!!!!!