PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need Some Advice And Help

SpandexMoneyBox
May 27th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hi

I was just wondering if any one has experianced any problems when upgrading from 7.10 to 8.04 ive noticed that after upgrading although it dose look very nice and has added some nice features and what have you some of the programs i had on there before are refusing to work mainly the theme installer art manager and splash they open up and then close and then refuse to open again, also one other thing after the upgrade it has put various options onto the main boot up screen for example the usual memtest ubuntu and the recovery but different versions and has added the rt kernal version of it as well and will it continue to add new ones every time it updates many thanks for the help

dstew
May 27th, 2008, 06:55 PM
It will continue to add new menu items when new kernel packages are added. If you want to delete an old kernel package, use Synaptic. It will remove the kernel package, and take the menu item out as well.

SpandexMoneyBox
May 28th, 2008, 01:01 AM
cheers for the help my boot screen was starting to look rather clutered but all sorted now

SpandexMoneyBox
May 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM
thanks no wait ive already said that time for some sleep i think going a bit nuts but always nice to have a bit of mania