PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Anyone Got A Good Iso!!!!!!???

565Customz
May 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM
ive downlaod from 2 different servers and done two different write speeds, and both times it tells me that it is corrupt....

if not 8.04 then gutsy

thanks

volkswagner
May 27th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Use torrent to download. There is less or even little chance to get a corrupt image.

Did the md5sum check out ok?

565Customz
May 27th, 2008, 01:02 AM
boots from cd and works throught the patitioning phase but gets to 6% tryin to retreive some file and it starts giving error messages. could it be a problem with having two NIC cards plugged in? i thought it pulled all those files off the cd?

burned iso from brasero at 10x

565Customz
May 27th, 2008, 01:18 AM
i dont even know what that is lol...the computer says its not a true debian cd

p_quarles
May 27th, 2008, 01:21 AM
What says it's corrupt? What program is telling you "it's not a true debian cd"?

If you want answers, try to make your description of the problem as clear as possible.

EDIT: Multiple posts on the same thing merged, and moved to Installations & Upgrades.

565Customz
May 27th, 2008, 01:51 AM
sorry im quite frustrated... i have been tryin to get it to install allday. not only does it say its not a true debian, when i go to install it, it says all the files for the "install base system" part of the load are all corrupt.

i bit the bullet, i have a old gutsy cd home edition. its installing now and ill update it to 8.04 and use that for my server. i used shipit to get a server edition and when it comes in ill redo it. but for now ill make it work this way...