PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] The "quit" button just logs me off..!?

Sabeeh
May 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hey, i recently upgraded to ubuntu hardy...and i don't know if its something on my part or a bug but when i click the 'quit' button (the small red button on top right :mad:) my PC just "logs off"...yah it just logs off, without any prompt, nothing ... and I end up with the login screen..i think i perhaps played with that "sessions" thing the preferences so maybe the fault might trace its origin there...

You know it REALLY REALLY annoying sometimes when i accidentally click it (while closing an app) and then from nowhere the PC just goes away with all my unsaved work...:(

Anyone interested to help me?

LinuxSupporter
May 27th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Hi Sabeeh. I hope the following will assist you.

See on the top of the screen where your Applications, etc are located? Find an empty space on the bar and right click. Then select Add to Panel. Scroll down until you see Quit and select it. That should help you on the Quit problem.

If not, then I suspect you may have to edit your sessions and replace what was taken out (after thinking about it for a while). Don't worry - everyone makes mistakes (including myself - I'm no saint! :))

Sabeeh
May 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Well, the quit button is already present there...but just for try, i added one EXTRA...and still its the same...

Ya i know i did something with the sessions but the question is: How should i bring it back?

PS: in the sessions help it says some thing like 'Promt on logout' and calls it a checkbox but there's nothing in the sessions tab...:confused:

well, is the "promt on logout" dialog box an application, if so, plz tell me its exact name so that i can enable it on startup.

Sabeeh
May 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Is anyone out there having the same issue?
Plz help me out.

@_R_|\/|_@_G_E_|)_|)_0|\|
May 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Try going to power mangement and going to the preferences of the buttons you press and yes I had the EXACT same problem lol!

Sabeeh
May 30th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Try going to power mangement and going to the preferences of the buttons you press and yes I had the EXACT same problem lol!
I did that....but if i keep it at "Ask Me" on Power button, it still logs off, i don't know if its something REALLY SIMPLE to solve or REALLY DIFFICULT one...

and how did u solve that problem?