PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Splash on Shutdown

natewiebe13
May 26th, 2008, 09:03 PM
When I boot Ubuntu, I get the spash with the loading bar. When I logout, the screen goes black with the white text and says something about doing a certain task. Also when I shutdown there is also no splash and goes and does its thing with the black screen, white font, but after its almost finished it will show the splash with the bar all of the way to the end as if it only shows the splash when its done. I would like it to shut down with the splash the whole time like it used to.

Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04
Intel Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
2GB Ram
nVidia 8800 GT

Hope someone has the answer.

ddixonr
May 26th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I began my Ubuntu experience with 7.10 then upgraded to 8.04. In both of these versions, I have yet to see a splash screen for shutdown.

If there is an actual shutdown splash screen, I would also like to see it.

luisjorge
May 27th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Hi! I have exactly the same problem. This didn't happen to me three weeks ago, until some update caused it, though I don't know which one.
I haven't been able to solve it either.

natewiebe13
May 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
did an update yesterday and now it works all of a sudden. im thinking it had to do with the newly released kernel and the nvidia driver.

PARO
May 29th, 2008, 01:27 AM
For me Dapper and Edgy the splashes worked fine, but in Feisty the shutdown splash would go through, go all black, then flicker on and off again. Now in Hardy I'm getting some writing and then the shutdown splash kicks in. Wierd is all I can say.

easy_target
July 5th, 2008, 03:17 AM
That is the same behaviour for me. Some text about shutting down dispositives, like ALSA, etc... then splash kicks in for a few seconds and the power goes off.
Has anyone searched for bug reports?