PDA

View Full Version : Project management applications

quinnten83
May 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
So,
Which project management application do you guys and girls recommend?
I tried with planner, which is what I am using right now, but I can't share the files with MS project users. Also when I try to print a PDF it is never properly displayed ( I tried on 2 different computers).
I also tried Kplat, I love the interface, but somehow the gantt charts aren't displayed properly.
I also used openproj, which is not in the repos. Works great, except that it is still a bit buggy sometimes.

So, what do you use, if you use any?

fatality_uk
May 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
So,
Which project management application do you guys and girls recommend?
I tried with planner, which is what I am using right now, but I can't share the files with MS project users. Also when I try to print a PDF it is never properly displayed ( I tried on 2 different computers).
I also tried Kplat, I love the interface, but somehow the gantt charts aren't displayed properly.
I also used openproj, which is not in the repos. Works great, except that it is still a bit buggy sometimes.

So, what do you use, if you use any?

Planner is as close to Project as you can get. You can do an export to csv files for sharing with MS Project *if I remeber right* Also baseline normalisation is as good as Project along with resource planning.

Dragonbite
May 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I don't know if they got it to work under Wine, but I wish they would port OpenWorkbench (http://www.openworkbench.org/) over to Linux.

It is supposed to be a free alternative to MS Projects.