PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with some wine problems!

@_R_|\/|_@_G_E_|)_|)_0|\|
May 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm an eleven year old and I am currently starting starting to configure Ubuntu 8.04 after realizing what kind of trash Windows was (no offense windows users) and took my brothers 8.04 CD-ROM. Having been a long time former Windows user I am trying to get some of my old games up and running when I realized that they would not work on Ubuntu and to get them up and running I needed WINE (which I know that it stands for Wine is not an emulator). No idea how to work it though:confused:! Need help searching for software and getting it to work!

iaculallad
May 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Try to visit their website (http://www.winehq.org/) and read there FAQ's and Documentations. You can also download the WinE (******* emulator) in here.

jeffus_il
May 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Not a solution but some advice which may also be fun. Have a look at the games in the Ubuntu repository, you might find something which is fun to play and much easier to install, and runs well on Linux.

May 26th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks man! That really helped! Now I can play windows games and ubuntu games without windows itself!:KS

arandomkiwi
May 26th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Well, there is WineX and Cedega which are designed to play games on linux

iaculallad
May 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Just stick with Wine, but if you can afford giving a little of your $, try Cedega.

Wine = Free
Cedega = $$$

May 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately I'm still a kid man so I don't got no cash and my parents won't give me any to pay for Cedega so I think I'll have to stick with Wine.
:(:( :(:(

May 26th, 2008, 01:22 PM

Just asking but I'm a curious little boy. What's WineX:confused:? Is it a newer release of Wine or something? I just GOTTA know because of my (sometimes annoying to even myself sometimes) great thirst of knowledge!:KS

iaculallad
May 27th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Just asking but I'm a curious little boy. What's WineX:confused:? Is it a newer release of Wine or something? I just GOTTA know because of my (sometimes annoying to even myself sometimes) great thirst of knowledge!:KS

Basically, WineX is a fork of Wine. Cedega is formerly known as WineX.