PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Direct GRRRR

Lamonte
May 26th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Alright last wednesday/thursday I bought a barebone amd kit right, and everything was in stock at 199.99 + shipping going to about $231.xx, so I receive my case, dvd/cd drive, (AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Processor ADO3800IAA5CZ - 2.0GHz, 2 x 512KB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Windsor, Dual Core, OEM, Socket AM2, Processor ), cpu fan that i need to sale or return, 160gig hard drive, 1 gig ram (coming in mail) and my mother board all of a sudden go back ordered. Then I complain in a email since my case was chipped in front but I didn't sweat it so I asked what was up with the motherboard, they was like its back ordered and not available and browse for a replacement. Don't you think thats messed up though? It was in stock and everything until I bought it and it was out of stock and not available no more sucks, now I'm waiting for a email from them. Anyone had experiences like this what was the outcome? The new motherboard i picked out i replied to the email asking if I can get it, it was $5 more, but I don't have the $5 bucks more waiting to see if they'll let me get it now I got to replan everything this sucks, anyone with this same problem, has tiger direct given you the replacement motherboard at same price?

Ocxic
May 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I wouldn't fret Tiger Direct is pretty good, I've dealt with them b4, only place i get my computer stuff, got a bad ram stick from them replaced with no hassle. it is possoble to have 10 items, and sell those 10 items before the site has a chance to be updated, it not real time. I'm sure everything will work out, and Im sure you could talk them into cutting the price by 5 buck for the inconvenience.

sloggerkhan
May 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Phoronix (a News Site / Forum) had a thread about this a while back and a Tiger Direct sales guy actually showed up.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270&page=2

I think it's post 12 where he makes his appearance. Maybe contact him and see if he can move some things along?

madjr
May 26th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Phoronix (a News Site / Forum) had a thread about this a while back and a Tiger Direct sales guy actually showed up.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270&page=2

I think it's post 12 where he makes his appearance. Maybe contact him and see if he can move some things along?

well maybe he will show up here :)

Lamonte
May 26th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I contacted the guy and the cheapest motherboards they have are 49.99, i'm waiting for the emails back, from both that guy and the other support person who sent me an email.

Tiger Direct
May 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I contacted the guy and the cheapest motherboards they have are 49.99, i'm waiting for the emails back, from both that guy and the other support person who sent me an email.

Good Morning Lamonte,

Thanks for the email, I sent you a reply back and look forward to taking care of your concern.

Just helping out where I can!

Dennis Winkowski
888-327-4719
dennis.winkowski@tigerdirect.com

Lamonte
May 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Thank you very much for taking care of the situation, I recommend him for anyone with problems concerning TigerDirect.

notwen
May 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Every time I've ordered from Tiger Direct they were very informative and went out of their way to ensure my satisfaction. Great return policies, etc. Work w/ them and I'm sure they'll return the favor. =]

Novega
May 27th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Yep, I buy 99% of my stuff from Tigerdirect (Canada) and their service is very good, prices are reasonable and the things I want are usually in stock at their retail locations. I haven't tried buying from their online store b/c there are 2 or 3 retail stores within an hour from me.

On a side note,their staff in both the retail stores I've been to, have been very good with suggesting hardware which will work under Ubuntu or other distros. Usually the people at other computer stores are hellbent on Windows and once even told me that using a Nvidia videocard under any OS other than Windows would void my in-store warranty :p

wolfen69
May 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
i have found Newegg to be very good also.

wootah
May 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
NCIX.com ? :D

intense.ego
May 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
@Tiger Direct:

Can you please convince management to open some stores here in the UK? The prices and services you guys offer is just great (from what I've heard)

Tiger Direct
May 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you very much for taking care of the situation, I recommend him for anyone with problems concerning TigerDirect.

Thanks Lamonte,,

I will help where I can, but I am pretty busy here on the Coporate Account side, however I do have a good deal going on and if you are interested email me.

Microsoft is pushing us to sell Office 2007 at a pretty bottom line price.

Office 2007 Basic for $165.00 item: M17-7802
Office 2007 Pro for $315.00 item: M17-7806

Shoot me an email and I will take care of you.

Dennis
dennis.winkowski@tigerdirect.com

cardinals_fan
May 27th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Microsoft is pushing us to sell Office 2007 at a pretty bottom line price.

Office 2007 Basic for $165.00 item: M17-7802
Office 2007 Pro for $315.00 item: M17-7806

That'll be real popular on the Ubuntu Forums :)

agamotto
May 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I have to ask... what were you drinking/on while writing this? It doesn't even occur to you that something you order might run out at the vendor? I can understand being disappointed at your mobo being fryware upon arrival, but get over yourself. No one died due to this, and at worst you had to wait awhile for something...