PDA

View Full Version : Can't get ubuntu to load from cd

brutaldrummer
October 23rd, 2005, 02:41 AM
I burned the iso to a cd using nero and i set my cdrom to boot first. The probelm is that is doesn't boot from the cd. I tried the live cd too, nothing happened. It looks like it is about to load then it just doesnt load and continues to load the os on the hard drive.

poofyhairguy
October 23rd, 2005, 02:56 AM
I burned the iso to a cd using nero and i set my cdrom to boot first. The probelm is that is doesn't boot from the cd. I tried the live cd too, nothing happened. It looks like it is about to load then it just doesnt load and continues to load the os on the hard drive.

The problem has to do with your computer bios. Since every computer's bios is different, it kinda hard for us to help. Maybe if you post what kind of comp you have here, someone with the exact same one could help you.

Getting around the computer bios is the minimum technical requirement needed for Ubuntu.

mcmillan
October 23rd, 2005, 04:09 AM
Are you sure you're burning the iso as an image and not as a data file. If you already know this it probably seems obvious, but I know I screwed up a couple CDs when I was first starting out.

brutaldrummer
October 23rd, 2005, 04:57 AM
I used nero and clicked; "File > burn image. then selected the .iso and burned it. it made me save a .nrg file i think.

My motherboard is the SOYO SY-KT880 Dragon2 v2.0