PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] can i install Windows XP Live, Fedora Linux and Xubuntu in my computer?

valeriano
May 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hi, i would like to install WINDOWS XP LIVE, FEDORA and XUBUNTU 8.04 in my computer but the problem is that if i can install two linux Fedora and Ubuntu. Before i was trying to install two linux but i cant, now i like two linux with windows xp, how can i make it?.

damis648
May 25th, 2008, 03:50 PM
This is actually straightforward: Install Windows XP, install Fedora, and install Xubuntu. Remember, though, that you have to remember to install Xubuntu with its bootloader (which is installed by defualt so not a big deal) so that's pretty much it.

pikseli@work
May 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hi, i would like to install WINDOWS XP LIVE, FEDORA and XUBUNTU 8.04 in my computer but the problem is that if i can install two linux Fedora and Ubuntu. Before i was trying to install two linux but i cant, now i like two linux with windows xp, how can i make it?.

Yes. I used to do that before I ditched Windows.

I would suggest you install Windows on a different hard-drive as linuxes.

But if thats not possible, make one 100MB partition in the beginning of the for boot (call it boot). Then make one at least 10 GB partition for Windows. Then make two partitions for the linuxes.

You will need to install windows first, as noted above. It will need to be located in the beginning of the hard drive, too. After you have installed windows, install your linuxes.

You should be able to find hundreds of guides online and on these forums. * Do your research beforehand. * Figure out what your hardware is, where your hard-drive is and how to partition it.

There is another alternative, too - you could run windows as an virtual operating system from linuxes with Qemu, VirtualBox or VMWare, but this is a degree more difficult.

valeriano
May 26th, 2008, 01:39 AM
ok friends. i will try to install now. Thanks.