PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Kills.

melrom
May 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Just stumbled on this article: http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/25/study-players-feel-r.html

I don't know about you, but I generally get really mad when I get killed... lol.

NovaAesa
May 25th, 2008, 06:46 AM
When I get killed, I get one of those tight knots in my throat :S

gsmanners
May 25th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I think it's important to note that this applies to FPS games, so it makes sense that you experience more anxiety from playing than from getting killed off.

Kingsley
May 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I bang on my keyboard and scream in German.

Balazs_noob
May 25th, 2008, 08:02 AM
does he look relaxed when getting killed ? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA

grossaffe
May 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM
depends on the game. splinter cell like games get me worked up when i die.

fatality_uk
May 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I tend not to die, yes I AM that good :D

Unless of course that is I am starting to learn a new game. Then if I have a brainfart and get killed or worse still TK'd, usually by someone called PlAyEr1 grrrr, that grinds my gears as I have read recently, then all hell kicks off in my office (Home office - I don't indulge in FPS gaming at work of course, well unless the MD is out of town ;))

I bang on my keyboard and scream in German.

Apart from the German, I have done this many times and the weekend of the OrangeBox release, I managed to get through three, yes read it, THREE keyboards. In the end I had to use the horrible Compaq keyboard from my Wifes PC.

AssaultCube is my current favourite waste of time. I LOVE IT
Anyone up for a game? The UF-CCafe league??

EdThaSlayer
May 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I get happier the more enemies I get to kill. You do know that getting killed wastes a lot of your time since you need to load/re-spawn somewhere?

h4mx0r
May 25th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Dieing is the best because then you spawn back and use all your points to go pwn everyone. Heck when I play fps game I blow up on my own grenades or shoot myself do anything to die so I can pop back up different location and kill same dude again and again. He like wtf why you only go for me!? how you move so fast??? me- muhahahaha die.

eragon100
May 25th, 2008, 09:33 AM
NIce article -- every positive study about violent computer games is a step in the right direction :)

Oh and AssaultCube has such GREAT-looking graphics, it wants me to play nexuiz on high settings :lolflag:

Could we have a nexuiz tournament, that would be fun :popcorn:

fatality_uk
May 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
NIce article -- every positive study about violent computer games is a step in the right direction :)

Oh and AssaultCube has such GREAT-looking graphics, it wants me to play nexuiz on high settings :lolflag:

Could we have a nexuiz tournament, that would be fun :popcorn:

Yeah I love nexiuz. Game play for AssaultCube is awesome.

Tundro Walker
May 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM
This could easily turn into a Chuck Norris joke.