PDA

View Full Version : In Paraise Of Vista

kwacka
May 24th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I've just an article entitled "Fixing Windows Vista, Part 3: Top Troubleshooting Tools" a quick scan at ZDNet - a site that I've always considered to ask deep, probing questions such as "is my tongue far enough up, Mr Ballmer?"

I went as far as the comments (sorry 'talkback') and came across this comment from a user a couple of weeks ago:

"as Vista came closer and closer to RTM, I upgraded the hardware to a P4 3.0(E) GHz Prescott machine with 3 GB RAM and an ATI x1650 Pro with 512 MB RAM. Granted, it was slow, but not *painfully* slow, and I found many many problems, almost always driver related. On those two test beds I was only able to test 32bit versions, but compared to testing XP on a Pentium 200 MHz machine, Vista on a P4 ran a *lot* faster."

Wow - it must be good.

grossaffe
May 25th, 2008, 12:48 AM
reminds me of an infomercial-
"They let you try it free? It must be good."

tgalati4
May 25th, 2008, 01:02 AM
ubuntu is painfully slow on a 200 mhz machine. A 500 mhz PIII is OK.

I just discovered that the metal end of my nokia n800 stylus is good for cleaning out my pipe. It's only 400 mhz and it runs linux.

/leaving balmer reality distortion field

Tundro Walker
May 25th, 2008, 01:11 AM
I'm sure there are things that should be praised about Vista. But, I have yet to run into them...

I guess it's one of those "squeaky wheel" things. The stuff they optimize and make totally fantastic ... just does its job quietly and you'll never know it's doing an amazing job. However, the crap that's not working right gets ALL the attention.

LightB
May 25th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Paraise? Paraisite more like it.