PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Multiple Linux Install DVD

jasonenglish77
May 24th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I don't know where to post this, so please feel free to move it if need be...

I've been using Ubuntu since version 6, and I like it a lot. I've tried Ubuntu Studio, because I do audio work, and I've tried X and K, but always end up back at good ol' Ubuntu.

Now I'm looking at some of the derivitaves of *buntu, just to see what the differences are, etc. I deploy Ubuntu in small offices quite often, for businesses that need reliable and inexpensive OS's. Some like K, some like X, some like Ubuntu, some like PCLinuxOS, some like Freespire, etc... among others.

What I'm looking for is something that I'm not quite sure is possible, but I'll ask anyways. I'd like to make a single DVD with multiple installations of linux, based on their ISO's. A simple menu to select the installation is all that is required. I would like the distribution being installed to also be used in it's LiveCD capacity, for testing and demonstrating. Is this possible? The only thing I've seen that comes close is a Windows program called MagicISO, which is very limited in documentation on the subject, but says it's possible. Any ideas? I can't believe that this has never been done before, there has to be a way. Help me out, PLEASE, I'm running out of CD's (I keep leaving the where I install them....duh).

Jason
jason@onestoptechnologyshop.com