PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Distribution of Live CD Ubuntu x 86 an x64

phoenix_abhi
May 24th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Hello to All Ubuntu users from India, :)

Today I got my Live CD packets from Canonical, Netherlands . :guitar:
Now I have five 32 bit editions and four 64 bit editions. I would like distribute and help those who are unable to d/l or wait for live CD. This offer is only for those whom from India. I am at Mumbai and personal from Mumbai can contact and collect Cd from me, if they want, I am ready to help them installing and setting up Ubuntu Hardy in their PC.

How can I become a free Ubuntu Live CD distributor on consultation with Canonical ? Can anybody guide me on this ?

For those from Mumbai and rest of India contact me on MOB : 9322884306
my email ID - abhilashchandran26@gmail.com

:lolflag:

phoenix_abhi
May 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I first tasted Ubuntu on Mar 2008 and started with Fiesty, So many of my friends are also using Ubuntu which I distributed. Most of the Indians are MS Windows users and less attracted or aware about Linux distro.
My main intention is to help people those who are uses cyber cafe to browsing and surfing while having or not having an Internet connection at home. Most of the dial up nodes also have the limitations of d/l speed and limit. I thought to give my part to the noble work finely doing by UBUNTU developers. That is what it meant. "LINUX FOR HUMAN BEINGS " :)

Shipit takes more than one month for the delivery. But within India it can be a few days. I do not know any shipit agency working in India? All the live cds are coming out from the country.:(

I have seen so many requests in Ubuntu forums about the broken and slow down loading, error in live cd, writing problems etc etc

Raouf
November 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM
How can I become a free Ubuntu Live CD distributor on consultation with Canonical ? Can anybody guide me on this ?

by the way when I contacted them to be CD Distributor in Egypt, this was the reply

Thank you for your interest in becoming an official distributor of
Ubuntu CDs. The programme is open to businesses that have the facilities
in place to sell official Ubuntu CDs to end users. Do you have a website
address that you will use to sell Ubuntu CDs?

Kind regards
The Canonical Team

dhayfule
May 4th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I have mailed you the steps.
I have recently got Distributorship for India