PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to remove?????????

doug104
May 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
The Ubuntu web page says that the new release that I installed on my laptop, has "EASY UNINSTALL!"
I'm dying to uninstall and get back to windows, but I can't find ANY documentation on this "easy uninstall", which makes it NOT EASY.
I tried to boot from my windows disk and it can't even recognize the hard drive. No hard drive installed.

How do I get this ubuntu disease off of my laptop??????????

Thank YOU!

Vadi
May 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
They meant Wubi. If you've installed Ubuntu via Wubi, you can uninstall it like any other Windows application.

As for the Windows disk, it's not Ubuntu's problem that it failed to detect the harddrive, I believe. Normally, you should be able to simply install Windows over Ubuntu.

PS. If you want help, be kind, if you don't, might as well not post.

doug104
May 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
FYI,Quote from Ubuntu.com:
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS for desktops, now with easy uninstall.

Vadi
May 23rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
They meant Wubi. If you've installed Ubuntu via Wubi, you can uninstall it like any other Windows application.

^^ Ubuntu installed via Wubi, is indeed easily uninstallable. As a normal Ubuntu, it is too - simply install Windows on top, or if you're dual-booting, delete the ubuntu patrition and run the windows "fixmbr" program.

Herman
May 23rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
:) Hello doug104,
Don't panic, Ubuntu is easy to remove from your computer if that's what you really want, (bad decision IMHO, but it's your computer, it's up to you what operating system you want).

Here's a link that will explain to you everything you will need to know in more detail, Un-install Page (http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p18.htm).

If you have any questions or problems, comments, (something not easy to understand), please let me know and I'll try to fix that web page so it'll be easier for the next user.
I think it's pretty easy already though. :)

Regards, Herman