PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to run audacious

dingo17
May 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
I was trying to make audacious default mp3 player and somehow I managed to make it unable to run.....i have tried to run audacious every possible way but it always runs rhythmbox.....where is problem??

gandaran
May 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
I was trying to make audacious default mp3 player and somehow I managed to make it unable to run.....i have tried to run audacious every possible way but it always runs rhythmbox.....where is problem??

you must give more details! what exactly you trying to do? if you go to applications sound and video audacious, when you click audacious, does it open up or not? or does rhythmbox start?

dingo17
May 25th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I figured out what was wrong......I was trying to make audacious default mp3 player and I found somewhere that should run this command
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/rhythmbox /usr/local/bin/audacious so I just deleted audacious file in /usr/local/bin/ and it is working again.....but I still can't figure out how to make audacious default mp3 player in gnome commander, every way I have tried worked only for nautilus....can you help me??

gandaran
May 25th, 2008, 09:34 AM
have you tried system preferences applications multimedia tab?
change rhythmbox to a personalized command 'audacious' or '/usr/bin/audacious'