PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] KDE4: How do i stop ubuntu (gnome) auto started apps auto starting in KDE4?

Tomatz
May 23rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
How do i stop ubuntu (gnome) auto started apps auto starting in KDE4?

Just installed kde4 in ubuntu gutsy and i am really impressed so far apart from this one problem.

Any ideas?

Tomatz
May 23rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
I have seen this question asked several times on the forums but no one has yet posted an answer???

Tomatz
May 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Bump!

Sorry moderators. I know i am bumping too early but i would really like to know the answer to this problem.

Zorael
May 23rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Curious. And they haven't somehow been copied into ~/.kde4/Autostart?

Tomatz
May 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Curious. And they haven't somehow been copied into ~/.kde4/Autostart?

I wish it were that simple, they're not in the KDE autostart folder, also if I disable them in Gnome then they still autostart in KDE.

I think the only thing I can do is try to work around the problem. Like make a script to kill the applications as they start in KDE but that's obviously not ideal.

;)

Zorael
May 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Second obvious suspicion; are you starting the same session each time? At least KDE3 is set up to automatically restore the last session. And it's not that far a stretch to imagine it failing to refresh that saved session upon next logout.

Perhaps it's a KDE4 thing, but I don't see why it should/could start Gnome "Session" autostarts.

Tomatz
May 24th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Second obvious suspicion; are you starting the same session each time? At least KDE3 is set up to automatically restore the last session. And it's not that far a stretch to imagine it failing to refresh that saved session upon next logout.

Perhaps it's a KDE4 thing, but I don't see why it should/could start Gnome "Session" autostarts.

Nope i switched session restore off. This was the first thing i tried :(

I think the problem may be that i am using gdm instead of kdm to login but i thought the gnome auto started apps ran seperate of gdm.

transgress
July 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
it is loading .config/autostart as well. try going to the kde system settings - Advanced - Autostart

Tomatz
July 14th, 2008, 01:13 PM
[edit]

see next page

pluckypigeon
December 5th, 2008, 04:12 AM
i just created a script to kill the gnome autostarted apps in /usr/bin and symlinked it to ~/.kde4/Autostart.

how is this done may i ask??

Tomatz
December 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I have a better fix now :)

The problem is both gnome and kde4 use freedesktops autostart standard. Causing gnome autostart apps to start in kde.

Thankfully this is easy to fix, all you have to do is add:

OnlyShowIn=GNOME

or

OnlyShowIn=KDE

To the .desktop files you only want to start in gnome (or kde) in ~/.config/autostart

Even better, i have a script to do this for you (as you will probably have quite a few of them).

Just download the attachment and extract the script from the archive, make it executable then double click it and select run in terminal.

You will receive no terminal output

Done

;)