PDA

View Full Version : Breezy Badger 5.10 Release?

Breaks
October 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Just curious on how stable / good this actually is from its previous brother Hoary? anyone using this breezy badger now? had any problems with it etc?

Muhammad
October 22nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
I'm using the Breezy version, and so far I haven't encountered any problem. :)

ubuntu_demon
October 22nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
Just curious on how stable / good this actually is from its previous brother Hoary? anyone using this breezy badger now? had any problems with it etc?
I'm using breezy. My guess is that a lot of users are already using breezy except for the ones who want to wait for backport-extras.

breezy has less bugs and is more stable. It really rocks IMO.

`GooZ´
October 22nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
Breezy has a better hardware support on my notebook. Only downside is that some things that were installed by default in hoary aren't in breezy. The applications menu editor is a very nice addition too. It's all in the small things in this release :-) Really love it!

dabear
October 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
I must say Breezy rocks, but I have 3 problems:

Acpi battery control doesn't work at all
The main menu loads its icons asynchronously, making the loading of the menu extremly slow the first time after boot (about 5-6 sec)
Using qtconfig and Kcontrol in gnome, and then launching the gnome theme preferences causes many applets on my panel to crash

Breaks
October 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, well im about to burn it and slap it on in a few minutes so ill see how it is for myself :)... and ill be sure to look out for them bugs indeed.