PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Podcast player for Ubuntu

wariskampar
May 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hello,
What is the best player to stream/d/load podcast in Ubuntu. I know (because already try) that Rhythmbox can d/load podcast but not sure whether it can play or not(when I try to play, can hear audio but no video). Does Amarok handle (d/load and play) podcast? Please assist me

philliptweedie
May 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Amarok handles podcasts quite well. I use gPodder and prefer it.

Although it only deals with podcasts, so if you want something that plays music as well, it won't be for you.

Either way you should give it a shot.

wariskampar
May 23rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
gPodder is another extension for Amarok or standalone player. How to d/load and play podcast in Amarok

quinnten83
May 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
if with podcast you mean just audio, I use rhythmbox for that.
If you need video, you can use Miro.

barnex
May 23rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
'banshee' is a nice player that does podcasts too. :)

gabhla
May 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Amarok works great for me. Castpodder is a good alternative, as is gpodder. Used them both, but prefer Amarok.

Raistlin82
June 30th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Hi all,

this is probably a completely noob question, but... how do i do podcasts using Amarok? Also when transferring to my ipod will it place it in the podcast section or the music section? I've not updated my ipod for a month untill today as I've been trying to avoid using windows since my first ubuntu install. Any help would be appreciated!!

moffajenko
July 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
You have a podcasts folder in your playlist tab. Rightclick->Add podcast to add podcasts. Amarok will put podcasts in the podcast section if you use amarok to download and handle the podcast, otherwise it will be put in the music section.

dominiquec
July 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Also just got into listening to podcasts now (the shame...) and Rhythmbox on Hardy works fine for me. Click on the Podcast icon and it'll let you plug in feeds.