PDA

View Full Version : Transgaming Launches: SwiftShader

Kimm
October 22nd, 2005, 01:25 PM
SwiftShader, the latest addition to TransGaming's family of portability products, is the world's fastest, pure software 3D renderer with DirectX 9.0 class features, including support for Pixel and Vertex Shaders. SwiftShader is built to provide the same APIs that developers are already using for their games and applications. This makes it possible to directly integrate SwiftShader into applications without any changes to source code. Direct3D 8 and Direct3D 9 compatible APIs are available immediately and OpenGL-compatible APIs will be available soon. Vertex Shader 1.1 and Pixel Shader 1.4 features are currently supported along with the majority of features used by most developers when producing 3D games and applications.

http://www.transgaming.com/swiftshader.php

This is great! Now porting games to Linux will be as easy as to just recompile the program. No mather if Microsoft weakens OpenGL in Windows Vista, Games will grow into Linux faster... atleast thats what I think.

xequence
October 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
I dont really know what that means, but if you say it will advance linux games, im all for it!

drizek
October 22nd, 2005, 11:26 PM
"the world's fastest, pure software 3D renderer"

remember how you used to get 100fps in glxgears before you got your video card drivers working properly?

exactly.

this is just pure CPU accelerated graphics, which means all games will be slideshows.

BWF89
October 22nd, 2005, 11:32 PM
This is awesome but I hope it doesn't push developers away from useing OpenGL since Direct3D is going to work on Windows & Linux.