PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changing Window Shadows

Skeet
May 23rd, 2008, 07:52 AM
I'm running 8.04 Hardy. I want to change the colour of the shadows of the windows and menu's from the stock orange Ubuntu shadows that Compiz Fusion produces.

I installed a new theme (Elegant Brit) for GTK and Metacity and the colour changed from orange to a redish pink. I don't know why that happened, but I want to change it to black or something more fitting of the theme.

How would I go about this?

meborc
May 23rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm running 8.04 Hardy. I want to change the colour of the shadows of the windows and menu's from the stock orange Ubuntu shadows that Compiz Fusion produces.

I installed a new theme (Elegant Brit) for GTK and Metacity and the colour changed from orange to a redish pink. I don't know why that happened, but I want to change it to black or something more fitting of the theme.

How would I go about this?

this is a known bug (or feature, depending on which side to look at)... i don't know how to change the color... but i know how to get rid of it... while using compiz, i use emerald as the window manager... so after starting compiz, i alt+F2 "emerald --replace"

sometimes i need to repeat this to work, but it will get rid of the annoying shadows