PDA

View Full Version : Stop Asking Me For A Password For My Wifi!

kevin11951
May 23rd, 2008, 05:34 AM
Every time i login i get a windows asking me for my keyring password for my wireless network which is wap protected, it there anyway to make it stop! im not worried about my computer being used on that network while im not around.(view screen shot below)

klato
May 23rd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Yeah this just randomly started happening to me too. Never happened in Gutsy...

kevin11951
May 23rd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Yeah this just randomly started happening to me too. Never happened in Gutsy...

i don't remember if it happened in gutsy, but its not random it happens every time i login, or connect to my protected network.

Kingsley
May 23rd, 2008, 05:54 AM
This may help you.

http://johnny.chadda.se/2007/02/21/unlock-the-gnome-keyring-upon-login/

Kinst
May 23rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
I know for KDE you just make your password blank and it'll autologin, I heard the same thing works for gnome, try that.

Living2007
May 23rd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Every time i login i get a windows asking me for my keyring password for my wireless network which is wap protected, it there anyway to make it stop! im not worried about my computer being used on that network while im not around.(view screen shot below)
Go to Control Panel -> User Account -> Your Account -> Remove Password
Give That a try

Opps! I didn't read the Wi-FI word. Try it on the Wi-Fi program

dizee
May 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
It's very annoying, I ended up using the manual configuration to stop it.

igknighted
May 23rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Search the forums, it's a fairly easy fix. Pam-keyring-manager is the package you need IIRC, and it logs you in automatically. I don't remember exactly how I did it (it's been a while), but the steps were here in the forum and are pretty straight forward.

mike96
May 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
What's the password for you Wifi again? :-\":-\"