PDA

View Full Version : Linux is in GTAIV. Don't know if you are all aware of it.

Tsukasah
May 23rd, 2008, 04:37 AM
This can be offending if you're offended by foul language or dislike it when people make fun of Linux. But here's the story:

Well, a few minutes ago I was browsing GTAIV's web browser on the game itself. Those of you who are familiar with GTA's puns about everything may or may not get a kick out of this. I know I did get quite a laugh. Now I don't have a capture card and can't text over my phone. No camera either. I'm sure that makes this sound completely fake, but I'll type out what they said on the website. I'm not sure if this is where to post it but dammit I'm bored out of my mind! Before I start, it's called Eunux instead of Linux. And instead of the Linux Tux it's "Sux the Sea Cucumber!" Anyway, here's what it says:

Welcome to one of hte thousands of official websites for Eunux, the open source operating system that geeks love! Just imagine your car being put together by hundreds of people in their spare time. That's the same as the open source movement.

Eunux, masturbation, vandalism... all the best things in life are free. Why pay $300 to a mega-corporation so you can run Software compatible with 99% of computers on the planet when you can join the open source insurgency and be at the ground floor of a revolution?! The underlying source code is available for anyone to modify and redistribute freely which means that you can see how the system works! Doesn't this excite you?! Compiling code r0xx0rz! We're going to bankrupt the $oftware monopoly.

Just imagine what would happen if all the fancy clothing stores released copies of their designs?!

You would never buy clothes again, right?

Only a fool would pay for something when he can get it for free.

Why buy a house when you can make one out of scrap?
Why go to a supermarket when you can home-farm?

Why buy a car when you can make one yourself?

At Eunux.net, we drive around in wooden go-carts powered by hairdryers that we make in our backyards.

L33t!

There are literally millions of different versions of Eunux called distributions, or 'distresses', such as RedTwat 328.4, Ucuntu 293.6, Slackcrack 784.9 and Knobbix 136.7. A few of them actually work but we're not going to tell you which ones - that's all part of the fun! Eunux is compatible with almost everything, apart from a sex life, and can do almost anything, except music, movies, games or fun in general. It is the best operating system in the world.

But, before you **** the tighty-whities your Mom bought you, it gets even better: as a Eunux user, you will have the chance to be part of a cult-like community and learn a secret handshake. You will finally belong somewhere!

Why would you want a glitzy, out-of-the-box, plug-and-play, one-size-fits-all desktop solution when you can buy a computer a piece at a time and built it from scratch?

Eunux is easy - after about six months of getting flamed on message boards when asking for help, you'll finally figure out the answer to your questions, and, after a few weeks of online tutorials you should be able to play a DVD.

Can you think of anything better than spending your weekend recompiling a kernel? Do you even know what we're talking about? A ******* kernel man! Eunux is completely free, so long as time has no value to you. All we ask in return is that you worship our founder. He is a geek god. If you speek to him nicely, Eunux or he will make the system even less intuitive.

Come on! What better way to **** Capitalism in the *** than an operating system used by nobody?!! Don't kid yourselves - you're never going to get laid. Join the free software subculture instead.
Become Eunux Today!

There's even some funny parts about "Eunus" And the FAQ is damn fun to read. It basically pokes fun at Linux, and I'm sure there's an article about it somewhere on the nets. Sorry if anyone got offended, I'm just bored out of my mind and thought this was a good laugh.

Here's a pic I found on google: http://bp3.blogger.com/_AKhPPf_qofs/SBnWaAM4n5I/AAAAAAAAAVE/Sf6AGdNI3p8/s1600-h/gta4

-grubby
May 23rd, 2008, 04:42 AM
ROFL..this just makes me want GTAIV even more. Too bad I can't afford the game, or a PS3 (or Xbox360)..sigh

days_of_ruin
May 23rd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Lame.It sounds like it was written by a youtube commenter.

Lostincyberspace
May 23rd, 2008, 04:51 AM
ROFL..this just makes me want GTAIV even more. Too bad I can't afford the game, or a PS3 (or Xbox360)..sigh
ditto

Tsukasah
May 23rd, 2008, 04:59 AM

Well, in the FAQ the answers to every question are answered full of anger. And at the end, the "questioner" had asked why is the person so angry. The person replied "BECAUSE I'M TWELVE, DAMMIT!" So, go figure.

It does sound like a rant, though. Stupid, but funny nonetheless.

akiratheoni
May 23rd, 2008, 05:04 AM
Lol, I liked it. :P I want GTAIV so badly, but I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360 :( And that would be like the only game I would get for it. Hopefully it'll come out for PC (but that means I would need to use Windows!!!)

Samueltehg33k
May 23rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
LULZ good thing i'm getting it for my 360 soon i can't wait to read that

-grubby
May 23rd, 2008, 05:19 AM
Lol, I liked it. :P I want GTAIV so badly, but I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360 :( And that would be like the only game I would get for it. Hopefully it'll come out for PC (but that means I would need to use Windows!!!)

The GTA games always come out for the PC later than the console version. You'll need a pretty fast computer to play it I bet though

Tsukasah
May 23rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
The GTA games always come out for the PC later than the console version. You'll need a pretty fast computer to play it I bet though

I doubt it. The game doesn't look all that great, really. It's alot worse than UT3, that's for sure. I'd guess a 6600 would be for max settings.

eragon100
May 23rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
ROFL :lolflag:

Bubba64
May 23rd, 2008, 06:57 AM
I had heard that gaming could stunt your growth but not make you lose any mental capacity that a person might be short of already.

swoll1980
May 23rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
"Some of them work, but you have to figure out which ones on your own" That's great

SupaSonic
May 23rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
That's pretty funny :lolflag:

billgoldberg
May 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
GTA humor hasn't changed much.

But I still like it :p .

As for that game itself, I won't be buying it for my ps3. If you played one, you played them all.

thedon_1
May 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
That's some funny stuff.

If you have been parodied in GTA, it means you've made it.

Sand & Mercury
May 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Quite funny.

ugm6hr
May 23rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
That's some funny stuff.

If you have been parodied in GTA, it means you've made it.

+1.

All in good humour.

tdrusk
May 23rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
That's hilarious.

atomkarinca
May 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
...and learn a secret handshake...

How does he know about that? I thought we were keeping it as a secret?!

Enthralled
May 23rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Did anyone of you try to enter www.eunux.net? It redirects to: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ :lolflag:

melrom
May 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
It does sound like a rant, though. Stupid, but funny nonetheless.

Sounds like a rant. Maybe someone tricked him into a malicious command. :) You know exactly which one I'm talking about too.

Twitch6000
May 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM

Wow if I wasn't laughing hard enough.

BigSilly
May 23rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Excellent post Tsukasah! Like someone's already said - now we know we've made it. We're in a GTA game! If I pick up a PS3 in the future I'll know to look out for that. Watch for "Eunux" rising up the Distrowatch charts. :D

Pity more video games don't have a sense of humour like GTA does, but that's another thread...

tgpqaz
May 25th, 2008, 05:36 AM
GTA4 is not available for the PC, its probably too big to fit on a DVD

NovaAesa
May 25th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Bahaha that's hilarious!

I might get GTA4 when I upgray'd my graphics card a bit.

ma_nkooo
May 25th, 2008, 07:57 AM
insane

misfitpierce
May 25th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Thats pretty funny. :)

ubuntu27
May 25th, 2008, 08:46 AM
How does he know about that? I thought we were keeping it as a secret?!

Yeah, no problem! Secret Handshake is introduced in level 1 of our cult. It is just like the Masonry and their lodge, you will ascend little by little, learning our craft. Secret Handshake is just well known, what we have to guard is our most obscure secrets!!!

You'll see more secret ceremonies, craft, electronic mind control, secret mouse trapper, Internet Explorer burning technique, and others that the public doesn't know of after your post count reaches 1000
Trust me, I have I been there ;)

Jackster
May 25th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Lol that was funny stuff :)

GTA4 is not available for the PC, its probably too big to fit on a DVD

It should fit on a DVD. The Xbox 360 version comes on a DVD so it should be ok for the PC too I think.

EdThaSlayer
May 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
An operating system incompatible with your sex life, lol. Cult-like community. This person sure did a lot of research and changed a few things. Hey, if it's so unknown how can you get the operating system in the game? Awesome. :D

el mariachi
May 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM
GTA always makes me laugh xD although this is quite moronic lol
Eunux does everything except playing games, movies, music blahblahblah. Thank god Eunux IS NOT Linux :lolflag:

stinger30au
May 25th, 2008, 11:13 AM
thats pretty funny, thanks for the laugh

ELD
May 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM
haha made for a funny read "knobbix" quality hahaha

M3TA4
March 3rd, 2009, 04:57 AM
lmao wat a good laugh...

might be off topic but,

one thing i dont get,is why did they team up a great game with windows? didnt do them much good. has issue's with all platforms, but mainly windows. (go figure)
just as well i use kubuntu for the real work that is needed, and windows for games only...

oh, another thing. Dont expect the game to get updated much either, has to go through microsoft hands first..

Depressed Man
March 3rd, 2009, 05:12 AM
I really have to check this out next time I play GTA lol.

Dekkon
March 3rd, 2009, 05:17 AM
Ha, I gotta check this out when I get it back from a friend.

Did anyone of you try to enter www.eunux.net? It redirects to: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ :lolflag:

You gotta visit the website from within the game, if you played it you will understand.

You can visit internet cafe's and browse the internet, not the real internet, but sites that Rockstar games created.

JonathanX95
December 4th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Eunux is easy - after about six months of getting flamed on message boards when asking for help, you'll finally figure out the answer to your questions, and, after a few weeks of online tutorials you should be able to play a DVD.

oh my god you have no idea how accurate that is!!!!! no one replies to my posts, no one gives me that much help. Its been 3 and a half weeks and Halo PC still isn't working. I have read all tutorials but none of them work for me. Im getting to the point where ill pay someone through pay-pal if they can go in team viewer with me and help get the ****ing game going!!!

Oxwivi
December 4th, 2010, 10:29 AM
If that is really meant to describe Linux, then it's not funny.

Spice Weasel
December 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Lame thread is lame, lame grave dig is lame.

Random_Dude
December 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Then why the **** are you in this forum?

Maybe to try to get help? Can you blame him for trying?

@JonathanX95
I've got my unanswered issues myself, you just got to wait and keep looking. ;)

Cheers :cool:

idi0tf0wl
December 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
GTA always makes me laugh xD although this is quite moronic lol
Eunux does everything except playing games, movies, music blahblahblah. Thank god Eunux IS NOT Linux :lolflag:

dits to this