PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to go back to 7.10

txtinman
May 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
Hardy works pretty good for me, except my printer and scanner no longer work. I can;t find a fix for either so I would like to go back to 7.10. Do I need to do a complete re-install, or is there some kind of reverse upgrade that can be done?

codeslicer
May 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
What do you mean they do not work? Perhaps you just need to reconfigure them at System->Administration->Printing?

Reversing back to 7.10 might be possible, but not recommended as you are going back to previous versions of various software which may not work with the new configuration.

Anyway, here's the link (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DowngradeHowto) but you might want to change the versions there to hardy and gutsy...

In my opinion, I wouldn't downgrade as that will only cause more problems, instead search for a way to make your printer work, you'll likely get that accomplished faster.

txtinman
May 23rd, 2008, 02:38 AM
Since upgrading to Hardy my usb printer (HP 7350) is not seen by the add printer configuration. When I try to print I'm told my printer is not connected. If I try to add it again, it does not show in the list of printers. When I run Xsane, my usb scanner (Epson 1660) is not recognized. I had none of these problems before the upgrade. I've noticed where others are having these kinds of problems, but I haven't found a fix yet.

codeslicer
May 23rd, 2008, 02:59 AM
Best to start a new thread regarding printer/scanner issues, downgrading/reinstalling should be your last choice. :KS

zvacet
May 23rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
I agree with codeslicer.Search forums or open new thread to fix your problem.Between downgrading and reinstall I will allways choose to reinstall.