PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed but problem

smh
May 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Ok so i installed ubuntu 32 bit on my computer at school that they gave me. while it was after the computer was installed and everything restarted... my friend came by and took out the power cord of it. and i guess when i got home it's at blank screen with a little "_" blinking and thats all it's doing. I don't know if something got recked from it or anything but yea.

But if i put the ubuntu live disk in now will it install?

reply asap please.

Cap'n Skyler
May 22nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Ok so i installed ubuntu 32 bit on my computer at school that they gave me. while it was after the computer was installed and everything restarted... my friend came by and took out the power cord of it. and i guess when i got home it's at blank screen with a little "_" blinking and thats all it's doing. I don't know if something got recked from it or anything but yea.

But if i put the ubuntu live disk in now will it install?

reply asap please.

yes,just re install,no worries :)
and welcome to the forums !
as you re install,make sure you over write the other install otherwise your hard drive will be taken up by broken/unbootable install from before.

smh
May 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
yes,just re install,no worries :)
and welcome to the forums !
as you re install,make sure you over write the other install otherwise your hard drive will be taken up by broken/unbootable install from before.

I've actually been here a while. I just never came until I had a problem like this.