PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upnp, PS3, mediatomb and not me!

wishful9
May 22nd, 2008, 10:18 PM
ubuntu 64 7.10 gutsy.
mediatomb installed with all dependencies.
config.xml configured correctly.
pretty lax firewall settings.
ps3 firmware 2.35 and ydl6.0.
computer says no

ps3 can't find me??? please help, i'm desperate!

i'm using belkin usb g wifi, and disconnects after ps3 search?? using original rt73usb not serial monkeys, blacklisted rt2500usb and haven't had a single problem except with ps3!

i don't have any sql servers running, and not sure if it's necessary?

wishful9
May 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
bump

wishful9
May 28th, 2008, 12:08 AM
please help i can get mediatomb working on my mobile / cell phone.

but not on the technical marvel that is ps3!

amak79
May 30th, 2008, 08:12 AM
wishful9,

Is MediaTomb running on the same subnet as the PS3? You should also take a look at the MediaTomb documentation (http://mediatomb.cc/pages/documentation#id2535736) regarding network setup.

wishful9
June 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
thanks i'll give it a go. i always thought that using same router same subnet would be set up. mind you i don't know much! and everyone else seems to have gotten it working first shot?

amak79
June 4th, 2008, 05:57 AM
i always thought that using same router same subnet would be set up.

That is usually the case but if you have multiple interfaces then MediaTomb might be binding to the wrong one. It could also be the firewall but most firewalls allow all traffic on the local network.

You might want to try Cidero (http://www.cidero.com/) which is a UPnP Media Controller. It's a binary Java application so you just need to download and run it. If Cidero can't see MediaTomb then it's most likely a problem with your network.

Can you also check which NAT type you have? You can check your NAT type by doing an Internet Connection Test in the PS3 Network Settings.

wishful9
June 9th, 2008, 12:40 AM
subnet didn't work but i'll try couple more things from manual. eth0 is set to default and wlan0 is the only one that works, i'll play with interface settings, need to turn off ipv6 anyway.

it's type 2 nat.

i'll give cidero a try aswell.

wishful9
June 9th, 2008, 12:40 AM
thanks

Niksss
June 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM
hey..
o my system cidero is not detecting the mediatomb..
my mediatomb and cidero are runnin on the same machine..
the remote adress of cidero is the default one..
do i need to change it to that of my system... ?

wat r the configurations shud i need to do..?

thanks in advance