PDA

View Full Version : UK terrorists will be shaking in boots, lol

smoker
May 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
The Home Office will create a database to store the details of every phone call made, every email sent and every web page visited by British citizens in the previous year under plans currently under discussion, it has emerged.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1990999/Home-Office-plans-to-create-Big-brother-database-for-phones-calls,-emails-and-web-use.html

this is the 'new' fight against terror. kind of silly of all those planning destruction to use their own registered ISP and phone. anyway, i hope the database is on a secure operating system, don't want it hacked by all those script kiddies looking to see who's mixing chemicals in their basements:lolflag:

The Government wants to create the system to fight terrorism and crime. The police and security services believe it will make it easier to access important data as communications become more complex.

maybe i should remove the 'i am not a terrorist' sig from my emails:)

Barrucadu
May 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
maybe i should remove the 'i am not a terrorist' sig from my emails:)

No, leave it! How else will they know? :lolflag:

Joeb454
May 22nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Just add "...honest" on the end if they go ahead and implement it ;)

The Grum
May 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Gotta love Labour. If theres a problem, pretend to solve it by building another database.

aeiah
May 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
no need to have a secure server; it'll only take a few weeks for a civil servant to leave an unencrypted laptop with the whole database on it on a train or something

its no shock that a nation state is using fear to restrict rights. its been happening for centuries.

smoker
May 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
... it'll only take a few weeks for a civil servant to leave an unencrypted laptop with the whole database on it on a train or something...

i think they've only been warned not to use the data disks as coasters!:lolflag:

soapytheclown
May 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Gotta love Labour. If theres a problem, pretend to solve it by building another database.

F*** Gordon Brown..

ubuntu-freak
May 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
I wish they wouldn't embarress themselves so much. Pure ignorance and stupidity.

Nathan