PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Install Problems

sniper910
May 22nd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Pumalite told me to install with the alternate xubuntu so i did but now it can't find the cd-rom drivers and i dont know what to

HELP!

NightwishFan
May 22nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
The drivers should be included with the kernel can you be more specific?

sniper910
May 22nd, 2008, 02:16 AM
well it goes to looking for cd-rom drivers and says something about ide scsi or something like that not being there u wanna boot from floppy i hit no the it comes to manual i got yea my option's are none and cdrom both fail and the no to manual fails the installation

NightwishFan
May 22nd, 2008, 02:22 AM
So it does not even boot into the alternate installer? This seems a bit over my head.

sniper910
May 22nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
it boots the alternate installer but it doesn;t wanna let me install cause of cd-rom drives

NightwishFan
May 22nd, 2008, 02:34 AM
I see. That sounds like a severe problem. Perhaps there are some cd related settings in your bios. Also check for errors to make sure the disc was burned correctly.

overdrank
May 22nd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Ok have you checked the cd for errors? Also why start another thread with the same issues
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=801538
When you boot the alternate cd what are the errors?

sniper910
May 22nd, 2008, 02:38 AM
Ok have you checked the cd for errors? Also why start another thread with the same issues
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=801538
When you boot the alternate cd what are the errors?

it just says failed after it checks for cd-rom drivers for ide scsi etc...

and that thread was for ubuntu this one is for xubuntu

overdrank
May 22nd, 2008, 02:53 AM
it just says failed after it checks for cd-rom drivers for ide scsi etc...

and that thread was for ubuntu this one is for xubuntu

Ok have you checked the cd for errors? When you boot the cd you should see the start install screen do you see that?

In the future xubuntu and ubuntu are the same except for Desktop environments. If you would have posted again in your other thread you already had help and they know what you have and have not tried and it helps on confusion and you trying the same things over and over.

sniper910
May 22nd, 2008, 03:14 AM
yes but it just booted install

sniper910
May 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
i mean it booted the install screen but i have to change some code on the boot options to make the install option run correctly simply removing quiet--