PDA

View Full Version : Problem Getting Netbeans To Work

mike_g
May 21st, 2008, 11:53 PM
I just installed netbeans5.5 on a clean ubuntu install. When I first ran it it came up with some errors that i clicked away without reading. The problem is that basically it wont let me load, or create a new, project. I tried reinstalling it and I have the jdk, and jre installed. The problem stayed the same but I cant seem to reproduce the error message. Heres (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l15/mikegrundel/Screenshot-NewProject.png)a picture of what it looks like when creating a new project; theres no option to create a java application in the right pane. And I cant load a project folder; the browser just opens the folder instead. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I installed netbeans on ubuntu before and I never had this problem :/

SNYP40A1
May 22nd, 2008, 06:51 AM
Probably not the advice that you are looking for, but have you tried Eclipse?

Zugzwang
May 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Make sure that you are really using the Sun JDK. Try running netbeans from the shell.

java -version
netbeans &

Delete the ".netbeans" directory of your user account to kill all settings. Then the error message should appear again.

mike_g
May 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
I deleted the .netbeans directory and fired it up. I got the licencing agreement again, but no errors. Seems to work now too; so I'm happy. Cheers.