PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Installation DVD

melenor
May 21st, 2008, 11:38 PM
I have read many places that you could make a custom install DVD, but I was wondering how and if I could include all this,
Ubuntu
Edubuntu
Gobuntu
Kubuntu
Xubuntu
Mythbuntu
Ubuntu Studio
In both x32 and x64 flavors along with a wubi installer

the reasoning for this is that in the area where I live there are many people who use computers and many are getting into ubuntu, but so many that all want to try all the different versions and they all come to me for the CD of that version and I want to make one that will do all the different versions of Ubuntu with 32-bit and 64-bit, or at least 32-bit on one disc and 64-bit on another, install with Wubi in windows, and able to live DVD boot, relieving me of having to have so many different versions of ubuntu around and having to keep track of them. Also I heard this but never tried this, that you could actually have all them installed then choose at login which one you wanted to use, (Desktop environments i.e. KDE, Gnome or others.), if that is not possible can I have all installed to different partitions and have 1 grub and not have any installations break. Also I found an article that told how to install Fedora 9 to a thumb drive is it at all possible with Ubuntu and with this Setup, a Thumb drive would provide a better testing environment I think, for those who want to test it out at first.
Thank you for your help in this area.

*Dual-Layer DVD okay.