PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Konqueror menus "Go" and "Window" disappeared (and other strange things)

mrowth
May 21st, 2008, 10:58 PM
I no longer have "Go" and "Window" menus in Konqueror. Just: "Location Edit View Bookmarks Tool Settings Help".

Sometimes (very rarely) they reappear (on a new instance of Konq). The toolbar configuration changes, too, then: The back/next/up/home/reload/stop buttons are no longer part of the Location toolbar, but part of the Main Toolbar instead.

Removed Konqueror completely and manually deleted leftovers in ~/.kde/share/apps/konq* and ~/.kde/share/config/konq*

Reinstalled Konqueror

Didn't change a thing (except of course my settings are gone)

I bet this never happened to anybody else, as usual...

mrowth
May 22nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
:(

mrowth
May 23rd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Also:

I can save the view profile as often as I want, and any tabs open from the start (saved along with the view profile) retain my favoured Tree View view mode - but when I open a new tab or window, it's always reset to Icon View (my least favourite...)

Unless that new tab was opened from within an existing tab (i.e. through opening a subfolder of it in a new tab) and that existing has the correct view mode already.

Is that how it's supposed to be or not?

mrowth
May 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM
"Mostly missing menus" problem apparently solved by deleting the system-wide view profiles under /etc. - and I'm not going to care about the other problem anymore... since I'll eventually be upgrading or switching to some other distro anyway, which invariably gives me a whole new set of problems to deal with.