PDA

View Full Version : Groupware

melrom
May 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Hi guys-

I'm looking for some good groupware for the company I work for. The thing is I do *not* need e-mail capabilities. I've been researching eGroupWare. This might be the best choice. The other thing the company would like to avoid is downloading an actual client. They can't be hassled to have more software. I did see the former thread on groupware, however, I felt the I had different needs in that I didn't want something like Kolab, since this involves installing a new client. I'd like to organize it so they can just navigate to a website in order to:

-Upload documents, pdfs, excel spreadsheets
-Schedule events on a calendar
-Have a news/to-do list column

This is the only functionality I really need. Any suggestions for something that will run right in the browser?

I don't know if this is important but the server is CentOS and the computers accessing it will be Windows boxes.

fatality_uk
May 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hi guys-

I'm looking for some good groupware for the company I work for. The thing is I do *not* need e-mail capabilities. I've been researching eGroupWare. This might be the best choice. The other thing the company would like to avoid is downloading an actual client. They can't be hassled to have more software. I did see the former thread on groupware, however, I felt the I had different needs in that I didn't want something like Kolab, since this involves installing a new client. I'd like to organize it so they can just navigate to a website in order to:

-Upload documents, pdfs, excel spreadsheets
-Schedule events on a calendar
-Have a news/to-do list column

This is the only functionality I really need. Any suggestions for something that will run right in the browser?

I don't know if this is important but the server is CentOS and the computers accessing it will be Windows boxes.

I am working with a Zimbra partner in the UK to implement a 5 sites wide Zimbra. If you need any further details let me know but it is an exclent product.

FyreBrand
May 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
You could rent Sharepoint space from a host. We use Exchange services and are considering expanding our contract to include the Sharepoint services they provide. Sharepoint is nice if you're a Windows shop and Office 2007 integrates really nicely with it. It does what you want it to (documents, work flows, calendar, etc).