PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 710 restarting again and again

syed mehdi
May 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Guys,
Earlier i was working on ubuntu 606, now i installed ubuntu 710,
but some kind of virus have got in my system.
now after every hour my machine keeps on restarting again and again, without askin me. i have installed latest updates also, but the problem is still there.

Thanks & regards
Syed

wpshooter
May 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM
I doubt that you have a virus.

How did you install Gutsy ? Upgrade or from scratch ?

Did you check your Gutsy CDs integrity by running the verification function that is found on the initial Ubuntu boot screen menu ?

Assuming you have nothing on the drive that you need to keep, I would use www.killdisk.com to completely WIPE the hard drive clean and the reinstall Gutsy from a verified CD.

Good luck.

syed mehdi
May 22nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks, I installed it from one of the ordered cds, i installed it from scratch.
Though i didn't ran the integration check that comes in start. My other colleagues have installed from the same cd but haven't faced this problem. the solution of reformatting and reinstalling is the last one.

i am looking for some other workaround/solution before doing that.

Regards
Syed

iaculallad
May 22nd, 2008, 07:54 AM
During the bootup process, Press ESC and select "Recovery Mode". Try booting using this option and observe if it still reboots continuously (if it does not reboot, then surely, there's a problem with your current installation). Update us with result afterwards.