PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Live webcam + video archives

LK_gandalf_
May 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Hi. We (a group of citizenz)are going to promote a project for out Municipality, the local government.

We want to do a live webcam for every Council in the municipality, on the website.
Plus, we want to have an archive with all the past videos.

can you give us some ideas on how to do it, and over all how to make the web player 100% compatible with firefox and linux operative systems?

Thank you :)

LK_gandalf_
May 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
up :KS

erosoft
May 22nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
try "motion" package

LK_gandalf_
May 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I've checked it out, but I can't understand if it has a graphical gui... then, it seems more related to security option, isn't?

erosoft
June 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
I've checked it out, but I can't understand if it has a graphical gui... then, it seems more related to security option, isn't?

I don't think it has any GUI, but who knows. It uses a fairly simple text config file. Search the internet, there was a guide somewhere explainig every and each option. Good luck!

LK_gandalf_
June 11th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to suggest this kind of program for a normal desktop user with a windows OS, and I cannot install linux and then ask to learn how to use a complicated console program :)

I'll try flumotion, or some free website like Stickam, it's better. I'm sorry for linux, I've tried.