PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Where's the partition tool?

SRTS
May 21st, 2008, 06:41 AM
During installation there was a nifty partition tool used for setting up my disks. I'd like to run it again to do some additional partitioning, but I can't find it in the K-menu, really bad design. Anyone know how to make it appear?

BobCFC
May 21st, 2008, 06:42 AM
The app you want is called gparted

Either type

sudo apt-get install gparted

or look in add/remove programs

EDIT: you have to unmount a drive to change it, so you can't change your system drive while it is running. If you need to do that you can do it from the live CD

SRTS
May 21st, 2008, 06:49 AM
i clicked on "add/remove programs" but "gparted" leads to 0 results.
the manual command seems to work though.
but i think i'll delete this KUbuntu-kde4 installation and install something else because it just has way too many problems and bugs and the applications behave strange and file manager crashes too. It's like alpha software, I don't know why they offer this on official website.. very crazy. I'm downloading Ubuntu ISO now.
thanks for pointing me to gparted though, i'll probably need it in Ubuntu too.

lol, I wanna download the ISO and install bittorrent, and it still asks me to save the file and doesn't recognize to give option to open it with newly installed bittorrent.
and when i click on "choose application" it gives me file browser to my home directory. now how can I navigate it to the k-menu programs???
and the ktorrent didnt even appear in k-menu!!
this system is terrible.a joke ^^

hahaha, when i choose "Open containing folder", it will NOT open any folder but ask me to "choose a program" for this.
ok thanks really enough now :)

and warning if u use these: java integration doesnt work. and pulseaudio neither. well actually it's surprise IF something works here.

oh my god.. and now i notice no dvd-burn tool installed either by default. and "add/remove programs" only offers a gnome-program which DOESNT WORK, and doesn't offer like k3b or others ^^ (and ofc k3b doesnt appear in k-menu after installation either)
this is very funny OS, like comedy tv show.