PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Crash

88tuner
May 20th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Okay. I've used Ubuntu now for about a year. I was attracted to it because I hate Microsoft products and I was a big fan of the Amiga. When I first got my Ubuntu install up I loved it. I used it way more than my XP system. Now, not so much. Why you ask? The stupid FLASH CRASH problem that there doesn't seem to be a fix for. I used to spend hours on my Ubuntu machine but it's just too frustrating now. Is there ever going to be a real fix for this? This problem is really hurting UBUNTU. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use the platform with this sort of problem. It's obvious from surfing Google that LOTS of people are having the same problem. You run three videos from youtube and then the entire Firefox program crashes. This never happened before the latest version. I've tried fresh installs and still the same thing. Where can I find a fix for this?

srt4play
May 20th, 2008, 11:17 PM
You could try the version 10 beta from here (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html).

aikiwolfie
June 22nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Version 10 seems to work a treat. You do need to uninstall the version that comes with Ubuntu though. For Firefox 3 use /usr/lib/firefox/3.0 as the installation path.