PDA

View Full Version : Tech support vs users & accosting

ww711
May 20th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Are there any people who work in support that are constantly accosted for support requests and demand instant change requests? What are your experiences as IT/tech support or as a user? Working in tech. support myself, I find that users do this far too often; demanding change requests in a short space of time...Anyone willing to share their stories, anecdotes?

Who supports the IT supporters if they support the systems and users?

fatality_uk
May 20th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I suggest you speak to your Head of IT. Users should:

a) not be speaking directly to tech support. They need to log a call with a support/helpdesk/nominated person and that person will allocate resources and time to the required help call

b) not be logging change requests directly. They need to as above, log a change request and then have that forwarded as a business case by an internal business sponsor who can then manage the change request process.

c) try working in support. I know it's ONLY a printer not working but the likelyhood is that you or your friend jammed the bloody thing in the first place!!!! And while we are on the subject, no I wont just look at your laptop if you bring it in. I have a life outside the IT dept. Yes I meet with other geeks and we laugh at people who use Windows XP and never update or pay for Anti-Virus.

My days in IT support are long gone, but im still paying for therapy!!! :D