PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How to make hotkey for opening terminal?

SRTS
May 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hi, I want to make a keyboard short cut for opening a terminal, for example CTRL+SHIFT+T.
However, I have no idea how to do that on KUbuntu 8.
Any help appreciated!

jtibau
May 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM
try yakuake, it rocks!

sudo apt-get install yakuake

SRTS
May 21st, 2008, 06:35 AM
Lol, thanks, but I really just wanna make some shortcuts for the items in the KDE menu, terminal being one of them.
And it seems they removed the possibility to right-click the K-menu and edit it (using latest Kubuntu/kde4 here, last time I tried it was KUbuntu 6.04, there you'd just right-click the K menu and add shortcuts and everything if I remember correctly). So I'm at a loss.

pilat
May 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM
And it seems they removed the possibility to right-click the K-menu and edit it (using latest Kubuntu/kde4 here, last time I tried it was KUbuntu 6.04, there you'd just right-click the K menu and add shortcuts and everything if I remember correctly). So I'm at a loss.

There is a lot of lacks in the KDE 4.0, especially around the configuration options.

For example, Plasma -- reacts pretty good and expected on many changes, made to it's configuration files manually. However, there are almost no GUI tools for changing these settings at the moment.

So, you'd better wait for 4.1
release..

By the way, this might be helpful to you:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/HOW-TO%3A+Kicker+on+KDE4?content=76539