PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu problem after Edubuntu desktop installation

Vicariously,I
May 20th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Hi,i have an hp pavillion dv 9000 series laptop..
i'm using ubuntu 8.04 for quite a time but i'm such a noob..:P

the thing is...i installed the edubuntu desktop from the cd..i used it for about a day then i decided to uninstall it..i did from applications>>add/remove then when i rebooted amsn and mozilla and a coupe of other applications didn't start..even synaptic failed to start..i inserted the edubuntu disc and the synaptic started so i uninstalled all of the edubuntu components except for the one with the science applications..so when i restarted the problem persisted so i tried recovery mode..

i don't know exactly what it is but i chose correct errors or sth like that and then chose the boot option..it booted in a black font with no toolbars...i tried normal ubuntu boot..the same there..
so what do i do?

i thought maybe enter from the shell as a root through the recovery mode(there is an option.)..
so what do i write?i'm missing a handfull of useful commands..

any ideas generally on the problem?

dushkal
May 20th, 2008, 04:48 PM
the thing is...i installed the edubuntu desktop from the cd..i used it for about a day then i decided to uninstall it..i did from applications>>add/remove

any ideas generally on the problem?

Sorry, but I do not understand. What exactly did you uninstall using applications>>add/remove

Vicariously,I
May 20th, 2008, 11:31 PM
when you put on the edubuntu cd a couple of options appear: add-on install or package manager install sth like that..

add on gets you to add/remove where you can (un)install edubuntu desktop from..

package manager gets you to synaptic..