PDA

View Full Version : Videos from the Ubuntu Developer Summit (UDS)

castrojo
May 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Tony Whitmore has been conducting video interviews of developers at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Prague, Czech Republic.

They are available in the newly created YouTube developer channel:

http://www.youtube.com/ubuntudevelopers

Hope you enjoy them!

FuturePilot
May 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Very cool! :)

Mateo
May 21st, 2008, 03:39 AM
Thank you. You can really tell that this is a developers summit. 10 minutes on version control ;)

madjr
May 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM
i subscribed, so i hope you keep rolling out those videos or anything releated to development, not just interviews.

bobbocanfly
May 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
Very nice, subsscribing.

/me requests an interview with the one and only Daniel Holbach

meborc
May 22nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
the elisa multimedia center team members should also be there... if it is possible, make an interview with them concerning the new features and the planned default installation in ubuntu :)

pt123
May 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
It would be good if the titles had what projects these guys work on.

ma_nkooo
May 25th, 2008, 04:02 AM
thanks whiprush

Chokkan
May 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Would be cool if my computer didn't completely lock up after 3 seconds of video from that site. :(

billgoldberg
May 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
The colours, my god the colours.

ontopic:

The videos are a bit to boring for me.

Babbage
May 30th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah nerdy boring brown videos. :icon_frown: These remind me of how Microsoft present their videos for evangelism and MSDN developer events. Everyone is interviewed as if what their working on is earth shatteringly important. Taking themselves way too seriously. I get the feeling most of these guys would rather eat light bulbs than be interviewed on video. Who is this video channel aimed at?

I'd like to see a much snappier, fun and fast paced presentation. It would be better if we saw the presenter, and he guided us through the workshops and work of the conference, and explained it's relevance. It'd be better to see the developers working together in a real life problem solving senerio, instead of talking abstractly about their work. Just because Microsoft does boring developer videos doesn't mean that's the only way to do them.

meborc
May 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah nerdy boring brown videos. :icon_frown: These remind me of how Microsoft present their videos for evangelism and MSDN developer events. Everyone is interviewed as if what their working on is earth shatteringly important. Taking themselves way too seriously. I get the feeling most of these guys would rather eat light bulbs than be interviewed on video. Who is this video channel aimed at?

I'd like to see a much snappier, fun and fast paced presentation. It would be better if we saw the presenter, and he guided us through the workshops and work of the conference, and explained it's relevance. It'd be better to see the developers working together in a real life problem solving senerio, instead of talking abstractly about their work. Just because Microsoft does boring developer videos doesn't mean that's the only way to do them.

well UDS has ended for this year... i guess you need to get a video camera and attend next years UDS :) if you don't like it - do something about it

the8thstar
June 1st, 2008, 06:06 PM
I don't expect developers to have been cross-trained in public address, so I tend to forgive the numerous "hmm..." "haaa..." "err..." and giggles, private jokes, nose-picking and other belly scratching.

Now, I agree that the spirit and roadmap of Ibex could have been summed up in a more concise, down-to-the point video document, to serve as a teaser for end-users like me. Broadcasting in Flash would be a good idea.

castrojo
June 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM
We now have a Miro channel as well for those of you using Miro!

https://www.miroguide.com/channels/6837

FuturePilot
June 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM
We now have a Miro channel as well for those of you using Miro!

https://www.miroguide.com/channels/6837

Awesome!
Subscribing! :guitar: