PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] flash sound problems

panthertd175
May 20th, 2008, 09:19 AM
In Hardy, after installing the flash plugin I had the problem that sound could only be played from either the flash player (such as on youtube) or from another source like Amarok. If I wanted to hear a youtube video, I would have to close Amarok. I could hear sounds from both Amarok and movie player, but just not firefox. Anyway, I found a guide called something like what to do next after installing Ubuntu. It had five parts including how tos on improving sound and video among other things. I did what it said, and it totally fixed my sound problem.
However, I have just installed Ubuntu on another computer and have the exact same problem. For the life of me can't find the guide I used and can't find what worked before. I have tried changing firefox to use aoss, and it didn't work. I know I did not have to install PulseAudio and would prefer not to have to, as some threads have suggested. Ideally, I would like to have a link to the guide I found before. However, I would also appreciate any solution that will get my audio to work.

shadow-of-sin
May 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Install libflashsupport by typing the following command in the terminal:

sudo apt-get install libflashsupport

panthertd175
May 20th, 2008, 09:57 AM
That did it, thanks.